Background

I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summertime=Sorbet!

Summer Break
is OFFICIALLY here in Oklahoma!

I thought I would have a little
celebration
with the kiddos
to help ring in
Summertime.
That means
squirting water
bubbles
sprinklers
and
SORBET!
PEACH SORBET
to be exact...
I mean what says summer more than
PEACHES?
This was also an excuse
to use one of my
Mother's Day Gifts...
an Ice Cream Maker.
:)

Here's how you make it...

PEACH SORBET

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups water
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 cups Peach Nectar

DIRECTIONS:
Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and cook on low until sugar is dissolved.

 See...no sugar.  :)

 Turn up the heat to medium and bring sugar-water up to a boil.
Boil for 1 minute then set aside to cool.

Add Lemon Juice and Peach Nectar to the sugar-water
and mix together.

Pour into your ice cream maker.
{Make sure you chill your metal container in the freezer first...it helps!}
Turn on that baby and let it whirrrr!

This is after about an hour of "whirring"
It's coming along...

After it's almost set, remove ice cream container
and place it in your freezer until it's firm.

If you can wait that long
you will have nice, icy, peachy sorbet
that you can scoop into nice round shapes
and then serve up to your guests
OR
if you are completely impatient
{like myself}
then you will get this...


a slushy
mushy
blob
of
delicious
peachy
goodness!

**For an Adults Only version...try this...
Pour chilled Moscado wine
over the top
for a
FABULOUS
grown up
Moscado-Peach Slush
Oh-My!!

HAPPY SUMMER
TO YOU
{and to me!}

Enjoy!

Blessings to you,
Kim
**Click HERE or go to my Little Blessings page
to see our Welcome To Summer Celebration**

No comments:

Post a Comment