Background

I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Our Very Own Birdie's Eggs...on Canvas!

A few weeks ago, when I was watering my ferns, I found this:
A beautiful, perfect little birdie nest and perfectly light blue little birdie eggs
resting ever so sweetly inside one of my ferns.
I was so thrilled and excited I thought I might cry!
{I didn't cry...really, I didn't!!}

I knew I had to find a way to bring this little miracle,
this little piece of Heaven on Earth
into our home.

I have seen advertisements for printing personal photos onto a canvas
so I decided to give it a try.
And, since I love creating unique pieces of decor for our home...
I felt like this would be the perfect photo...

I played with the colors a bit and I just couldn't capture the blue the way I wanted.
So, I decided to go Sepia...

and I LOVE it!!!!
It's hard to capture the true beauty of it
{since I only have a cheapo camera & no quality photo editing software}
but you get the idea {I hope}.
{I got this done at Staples for $29.99}

 
I got this metal flourish at Hobby Lobby {$7.50...it was 50% off!}
and added it above the canvas.

This is a picture of Shelby at 1 year.
{My sister, Lesa took her 1 year photos and they turned out beautifully!}
{{www.y2photo.net}}


 
I also got this burlap lamp at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.
{LOVE Hobby Lobby!!}
Gotta have me some burlap, ya know! :)

And here it is...all together...
I found this dresser at an antique store nearby...
for $36.00...
it was already painted turquoise!
LOVE!!
{This is in our dining room}

If you have any photos that you're considering turning into a canvas,
I highly recommend it.

Oh...here are our birdies right after they hatched...
 
Aren't they so sweet?
They grow so fast...they flew away just a couple of weeks after these were taken!  :( 
{These pictures were taken by our sweet friend and treasured babysitter, Lacey...thanks, Lacey!}
God is the perfect artist.
I hope you find inspiration in His creation each and every day!

Blessings to you,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful, I can't believe you found it, it's so perfect! That was a great idea to capture it on film and the sepia really shows it well. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete